These are large insects with four pairs of wings, with often with spectacular colours. The Banded Demoiselle damsel fly is common along river banks. The females are metallic green and the males metallic blue. Dragon flies are considerably larger than damsel flies and are mainly found near lakes and ponds. Both have an aquatic larval stage.
- Family fun-day in Granagh – Getting to know the Glasha River July 29, 2021
- What the insect life in a stream can tell us about water quality June 10, 2021
- Stories from the Catchment – Knocklong April 27, 2021
- World Earth Day 2021 April 22, 2021
- Reimagining Irish Rivers: Working with Nature March 22, 2021