These are large insects with four pairs of wings, with often with spectacular colours. The Banded Demoiselle damsel fly is common along river banks. The females are metallic green and the males metallic blue. Dragon flies are considerably larger than damsel flies and are mainly found near lakes and ponds. Both have an aquatic larval stage.
- Irish Rivers Trust Resilience Pilot Project February 3, 2020
- Help Bring Back the Salmon to Limerick September 9, 2019
- The Status of Salmon in the River Maigue August 29, 2019
- Citizen Science Investigations – river environmental stewardship (CSI-River) July 15, 2019
- The Cooperative Education Programme at the University of Limerick June 25, 2019