Dace are a non-native and invasive species first recorded in the R. Maigue near Adare Manor by electro-fishing in 2004. Dace are also found in the Lower Shannon and Mulkear. They were not recorded in a survey of the catchment upstream of Adare in 2013. This suggests that dace have not spread to other parts of the Maigue catchment, but further surveys are needed to confirm this.
- Maigue Rivers Trust 2020-2021 Newsletter August 17, 2021
- Family fun-day in Granagh – Getting to know the Glasha River July 29, 2021
- What the insect life in a stream can tell us about water quality June 10, 2021
- Stories from the Catchment – Knocklong April 27, 2021
- World Earth Day 2021 April 22, 2021