Dace are a non-native and invasive species first recorded in the R. Maigue near Adare Manor by electro-fishing in 2004. Dace are also found in the Lower Shannon and Mulkear. They were not recorded in a survey of the catchment upstream of Adare in 2013. This suggests that dace have not spread to other parts of the Maigue catchment, but further surveys are needed to confirm this.
- Maigue Rivers Trust Newsletter 5 (2021-2022) November 2, 2022
- Morningstar River Giant Hogweed Control Project 2022 October 6, 2022
- Heritage Week 2022 July 29, 2022
- Discover the Biodiversity of the River Maigue by Kayak May 9, 2022
- Citizen Science Picnic in Lough Gur- 26th March 2022 March 10, 2022