Northern pike, a large predatory fish, are found in the lakes of the catchment (L. Gur, Dromore Lough, Bleach Lough and L. Nagirra, and there are reports of them occurring in the slower reaches of the R. Camogue. The 17th century Civil Survey refers to a weir at Mainistir where eels and pike were trapped. Pike are regarded as an introduced species, and this is one of the earliest references to their occurrence in..
- Irish Rivers Trust Resilience Pilot Project February 3, 2020
- Help Bring Back the Salmon to Limerick September 9, 2019
- The Status of Salmon in the River Maigue August 29, 2019
- Citizen Science Investigations – river environmental stewardship (CSI-River) July 15, 2019
- The Cooperative Education Programme at the University of Limerick June 25, 2019
January 23, 2018
January 19, 2018