Northern pike, a large predatory fish, are found in the lakes of the catchment (L. Gur, Dromore Lough, Bleach Lough and L. Nagirra, and there are reports of them occurring in the slower reaches of the R. Camogue. The 17th century Civil Survey refers to a weir at Mainistir where eels and pike were trapped. Pike are regarded as an introduced species, and this is one of the earliest references to their occurrence in..
- Family fun-day in Granagh – Getting to know the Glasha River July 29, 2021
- What the insect life in a stream can tell us about water quality June 10, 2021
- Stories from the Catchment – Knocklong April 27, 2021
- World Earth Day 2021 April 22, 2021
- Reimagining Irish Rivers: Working with Nature March 22, 2021
January 23, 2018
January 19, 2018