These are small fish that are common in the Maigue catchment. Collectively they may be known as (pinkeens”). Minnows and stoneloach are introduced species. Minnows and sticklebacks often form small shoals. They are frequent prey of larger fish such as trout and perch...
- Family fun-day in Granagh – Getting to know the Glasha River July 29, 2021
- What the insect life in a stream can tell us about water quality June 10, 2021
- Stories from the Catchment – Knocklong April 27, 2021
- World Earth Day 2021 April 22, 2021
- Reimagining Irish Rivers: Working with Nature March 22, 2021
January 23, 2018
January 19, 2018