The Dipper is our only song bird that can dive and swim in the river. This distinctive little bird is dark chestnut in colour with a white bib. The dipper can dive down to the bottom of the river and hunt for insects. Dippers can be seen in rural and urban areas. It is often seen sitting on a rock in the river bobbing or ‘dipping’ its head up and down. Dippers build a large dome-shaped nest out of moss, on sheltered areas of the riverbanks. They often build their nests under..
- Irish Rivers Trust Resilience Pilot Project February 3, 2020
- Help Bring Back the Salmon to Limerick September 9, 2019
- The Status of Salmon in the River Maigue August 29, 2019
- Citizen Science Investigations – river environmental stewardship (CSI-River) July 15, 2019
- The Cooperative Education Programme at the University of Limerick June 25, 2019
January 23, 2018
January 19, 2018