The mink is a carnivore that is closely related to the otter but it is an invasive species that was introduced to Ireland in the 1950’s as accidental escapees from fur farms. Minks can sometimes be confused with otters, but they are a much smaller animal. Mink can be found along the whole of the Maigue. Mink are a big threat to ground-nesting..
- Heritage Week 2022 July 29, 2022
- Discover the Biodiversity of the River Maigue by Kayak May 9, 2022
- Citizen Science Picnic in Lough Gur- 26th March 2022 March 10, 2022
- Statement on Limerick Leader article, ‘Industrial pollution of worst kind’, 29th January 2022 February 8, 2022
- Job opportunities – Waters of LIFE Integrated Project February 3, 2022
January 23, 2018
January 19, 2018