The mink is a carnivore that is closely related to the otter but it is an invasive species that was introduced to Ireland in the 1950’s as accidental escapees from fur farms. Minks can sometimes be confused with otters, but they are a much smaller animal. Mink can be found along the whole of the Maigue. Mink are a big threat to ground-nesting..
- Autumn Event Series – Working with an artist September 7, 2020
- Autumn Event Series August 28, 2020
- Discovering and sharing the heritage of the Maigue rivers through photography August 12, 2020
- Survey time! August 7, 2020
- Newsletter 3, 2019-2020 July 15, 2020
January 23, 2018
January 19, 2018