Giant rat-like creatures called coypu are spreading in the wilds here, having been first introduced to Ireland as pets. Native to South America, the coypu is one of the biggest rodents in the world, weighing 5kg-7kg and measuring a metre long. Also known as the river rat, it is often mistaken for an otter - but can be identified by its long, round tail and orange or yellow teeth. Read more on..
- Maigue Rivers Trust Newsletter 5 (2021-2022) November 2, 2022
- Morningstar River Giant Hogweed Control Project 2022 October 6, 2022
- Heritage Week 2022 July 29, 2022
- Discover the Biodiversity of the River Maigue by Kayak May 9, 2022
- Citizen Science Picnic in Lough Gur- 26th March 2022 March 10, 2022
January 23, 2018
January 19, 2018