Grey seals and common seals can often be seen in the estuary of the R. Maigues and sometimes further..
If you are by the river at dusk you may see a bat flying very close to the waters surface; this is most likely Daubenton’s Bat. The bat uses its large feet to catch insects like midges and sedge (caddis) flies. It flies with it tail membrane very close to the surface of the water to disturb the insects then it crabs them with its feet. This behaviour is known as..
- Discover the Biodiversity of the River Maigue by Kayak May 9, 2022
- Citizen Science Picnic in Lough Gur- 26th March 2022 March 10, 2022
- Statement on Limerick Leader article, ‘Industrial pollution of worst kind’, 29th January 2022 February 8, 2022
- Job opportunities – Waters of LIFE Integrated Project February 3, 2022
- Merry Christmas! December 20, 2021