A University of Limerick BA (History) Eoghan Fitzgerald undertook his second year work placement with the Maigue from January to June 2019. The Cooperative Education programme (or undergraduate placement ) at the University of Limerick is a core element of all undergraduate degrees. Work undertaken by Eoghan for the trust included:Data mining historical newspaper articles and folklore material with relevance to the catchment, georeference historical river and corridor features (natural and artificial), collation of social and historical materials for exhibition, compile lists of schools and business to establish networks and to assist with social. Eoghan we would like to thank you for all your hard work over the past 6 months. If you are a 3rd level student who is interested in undertaking a work placement with the trust.You can contact us on..
Monthly Archives: June 2019
Crayfish Plague is an invasive water mold that can causes 100% mortality in our native crayfish populations. It has unfortunately been recorded as being in the river Maigue Catchment. To prevent the spread, of crayfish plague it is important that you check, clean and dry any equipment such as boots, fishing rods and kayaking before and after using them on the..
- Irish Rivers Trust Resilience Pilot Project February 3, 2020
- Help Bring Back the Salmon to Limerick September 9, 2019
- The Status of Salmon in the River Maigue August 29, 2019
- Citizen Science Investigations – river environmental stewardship (CSI-River) July 15, 2019
- The Cooperative Education Programme at the University of Limerick June 25, 2019